Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am a new member just about to buy my premium plus.
Are there any things that I should look out for before completing purchase.
I live in the north east of England. I am a pensioner looking forward to trouble free motoring.
I have had two Mercedes cars before being an SLK sports car and an A class. Both great cars.
may need to remove running boards. How difficult is it?
Thank you in anticipation.
kind regards.

· Registered
284 Posts
Excellent car - had a 250d Premium Plus for 7 years & 50k miles, comfortable, good technology and drives well.

A few niggles

Check the Auto Start - Stop - you might not want it, but if it’s not working car might need a new battery or more likely a Second battery Capacitor

The Camera / Radar Sensors may cause more Alerts as the car ages

The Biggest issue is Crabbing - Juddering when temp drops below 5 degrees. Test on a cold day by doing a Full-lock Turn. Search the forum for Crabbing. MB supplied a Warranty fix for pre-2019 GLC’s - New Steering Knuckles that fix the problem - Dealer should be able to tell you if these have been fitted to the car

Good luck - Excellent car

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent car - had a 250d Premium Plus for 7 years & 50k miles, comfortable, good technology and drives well.

A few niggles

Check the Auto Start - Stop - you might not want it, but if it’s not working car might need a new battery or more likely a Second battery Capacitor

The Camera / Radar Sensors may cause more Alerts as the car ages

The Biggest issue is Crabbing - Juddering when temp drops below 5 degrees. Test on a cold day by doing a Full-lock Turn. Search the forum for Crabbing. MB supplied a Warranty fix for pre-2019 GLC’s - New Steering Knuckles that fix the problem - Dealer should be able to tell you if these have been fitted to the car

Good luck - Excellent car
Cheers Tony. The car I am buying is also a250 with two owners from new. 2years as MB managers car.
Thanks again for heads up.

· Registered
103 Posts
To remove running boards you will need the plastic inner and outer sills which are removed to fit the running boards, I know because I looked into fitting running boards before deciding against.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To remove running boards you will need the plastic inner and outer sills which are removed to fit the running boards, I know because I looked into fitting running boards before deciding against.
Hi there,
I have now purchased the car and already I think the running boards will have to go as we are pensioners and find them obstructive whilst getting out.
I will look into placing wanted ad in forum.
Thank you for your reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts