Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days after getting the car I could hear an annoying creaking/rattling noise over the back wheel (rear right) when the car was smoothly going along. It was bugging me and I even asked my wife drive the car with me sat in the back to see if I could locate it in the boot (trunk). I found it, but could not fix it myself, so I took it into the dealers with low expectations of a fix. However, I was really pleased when they acknowledged the problem and MB had a Technical Note how to resolve the issue. I've had the car back for almost a month now and has not reoccurred.

So, don't put up with little rattles. They can be fixed :smile2:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lol oh okay. Was really hoping they would let the information out. I hate when they leave you out of the loop

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

The noise was like a buzzing that goes up and down?, as a frequency?

I have a GLC coupe and i´m completely desperate witjh the noise

thanks you!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have you guys gone to the dealership yet ??

1 Week and you're already getting the noise ?! That's quite upsetting..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Where exactly did the noise come from? Just curious since that will help in us building some dialogue here so down the road other owners will know what exactly to do and where to look.

Might even be some people on here with fixes they know will work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 8 week old GLC 300 Coupe is doing the same thing, I thought it was the backseat cup holder, then maybe the rear right passenger seatbelt, then maybe something with the window... it's driving me nuts! Can any Mercedes dealer help, cuz I moved and mine is far away now :-/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone discovered what this problem is? I need to take my 3 month old GLC to the MB dealer for a couple of small things and this one is starting to bug me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
had the same prob. for me, after lots of trial and error, it turned out to be the luggage cover. When it's open, lots of rattle, closed, no rattle. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ahhhhh!! …. I remember seeing a post about the luggage cover …..maybe this forum or elsewhere.

Anyway..... they found that the small screws holding the ends 'clips' were loose. I checked mine ..and while not loose ..they were not tight either.
Gave them a little nip-up.

Suggest folk check their screws. Vibration or not ...have a look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
High Pitch Wining Noise from Cargo Area

From day one, I had a high pitch whining noise coming from the rear luggage area. It was driving me crazy. So I scheduled an appointment with MB dealer. I thought for sure they were going to tell me they could not duplicate the problem. They hooked me up with a loaner (2018 GLE), the next day they called and said the Service Tech and MB would like to investigate further. As it turned out, it was something in the rear drivetrain or transfer case (I forget) that was causing the noise. Parts had to be ordered, and after a week, I picked up my car and they solved the problem.

Side note: Personally, I did not like the GLE, I can't believe in 2018, they are still using the same old boring center stack. I thought this vehicle went through a complete facelift?

To the people that ask a lot of "what is it? What could it be", it's a brand new vehicle, why hesitate, take it to the dealer. That's why I buy brand new cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had the same problem as described at the beginning, a creaking and clunking sound but mine was from the rear passenger side.
After some trial and error I discovered that the sound could be replicated by wiggling the rear seat back locking mechanism. (when you fold the rear seat down there is a bracket fitted to the chassis and if you lift this bracket up the rear seat can then be locked back into position but in a more upright position than normal or this bracket can be folded back down and the rear seat will lock back into its normal more reclined position). Hope that makes sense, it’s the mechanism that Locks the back seat into place.
The rattling was coming from this seatback locking mechanism but all the dealer did was to wrap some thin foam around the mounting bracket and that cured it. The downside is that when you press the seat back release button the seat doesn’t now fold forward and you have to push it down. The foam they have applied doesn’t allow it to work properly.
It did cure the rattling and clunking which was driving me mad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts