Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-
I have not yet gotten a GLC, but had a Benz and was in a collision; my car was declared a total loss. After reviewing, I really want a GLC! It's exactly what I need right now.
Just wanted to know from here, what a reasonable price would be for a lease for this car? I had a CLA, which was cheaper.. so just curious on any numbers.
I am in talks now w/ someone for $440 a month for a base model.
Would appreciate any advice!
and hope the questions doesn't sound dumb.. Just trying to learn here and make the right choice.

Thanks!
R

· Registered
2022 GLC 4matic
7 Posts
Hi all-
I have not yet gotten a GLC, but had a Benz and was in a collision; my car was declared a total loss. After reviewing, I really want a GLC! It's exactly what I need right now.
Just wanted to know from here, what a reasonable price would be for a lease for this car? I had a CLA, which was cheaper.. so just curious on any numbers.
I am in talks now w/ someone for $440 a month for a base model.
Would appreciate any advice!
and hope the questions doesn't sound dumb.. Just trying to learn here and make the right choice.

Thanks!
R
Some thoughts,
Lease payments are based on a few factors that to be considered.
1) Is the vehicle in short supply?
If so then the dealer has less incentive to offer a dealer discount.
If so then the manufacturer (lessor) will not offer a lower interest rate for lease calculation
2) if vehicle is in good supply then manufacturers like MB don’t want to discount selling price. However they will subsidize current interest rates that mean a discount in the form of lower monthly lease cost. They may even offer to pay first month‘s lease payment and no damage deposit.
3) the monthly lease payment calculation is based on selling price of the vehicle, prevailing interest rates, length/term of the lease, and finally lessor (MB) residual value at the end of the lease.
with this a 2022 newvehicle for lease calculation purposes is viewed as one year old by September of the model year. Consequently residual value at lease end is lower than that for a 2023 model.
I have seen stretch leases quoted, meaning when You ask for a 3 year lease what is quote is a 42 month lease. This is close in length to 3 years but provides 6 extra payments to lower the monthly payment.

Good luck.
BTW I amconing from multiple BMW’s over 28 years and love my GLC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts