Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It occurs to me that with a lot of the Dealer network now closed in the UK, owners out of warranty may want to do their own servicing. This is the procedure to cancel the service "nag screen" which will have appeared on your centre display. BTW, if you normally get an MOT with your service, there is an MOT holiday in force until September effective from 30 March. The reset procedure should be carried out fluidly without any undue prolonged pauses as these will throw you out of the sequence.

1. Turn ignition on by one click/push (the dials will do a sweep).
  2. Press and hold the Phone button then press and hold the OK button until the Vehicle Data menu comes up.
  3. Release, then using the Scroll Down arrow, move down the menu until ASSYST PLUS is highlighted.
  4. Press OK and a notice inviting you to "Switch on ignition to activate ASSYST PLUS" appears.
  5. Turn ignition to second click/push so all the warning lights come on (don't start the engine) and a new menu appears.
  6. Scroll down to Full Service and press OK
  7. Another list appears headed by Service 01. Scroll down to Confirm Service (it is initially out of sight) and press OK.
  8. Choose the grade of oil you used > OK....Service carried out > Yes. You are asked to Confirm (whilst being reminded this action cannot be undone) > OK
You are now rewarded with a "Full service completed" notification 馃槏
Finally, if you turn the ignition off then back on, you will now see the nag screen has gone.

Registered
Very useful information
wonder if it will update on MercedesMe app also,
I have 18days until service and not foresee the work being done anytime soon........
Whilst realistically in the scheme of things, service notification is the least of concern

Registered
I now have the - +/-13days to service
Whilst I shall have the service carried out when garages open, will they update the record to the date carried out, or, will they back date the service date to when due ?
ps
Mercedes ME APP my car has now disappeared on App, most likely after the Service was due :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts