Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Road and Track wrote up a first drive review on the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC.

It is fairly long so I won't record the entire thing here. This is a quote that sums it up though.

Sum it all up, and longroof or no, this $40,000-ish crossover is the complete package—the on-road, off-road, self-driving, luxurious, people-hauling, cargo-carrying, do-it-all wagon-killing machine you never believed possible until now.​
Most of what they say is positive, although they do mention that the US only gets an off-road look package instead of the actual complete off-road look package.

I also have seen Road and Track do sponsored pieces with Mercedes-Benz, so I question if there is some pressure on writers to not say anything too disparaging about Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

First Drive: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Is a Wagon With a Little More

·
Registered
412 Posts
As far as off-road capabilities go. This should exceed most of what the average owner needs it for, few will find it to be insufficient and it just might be the case they bought the wrong SUV

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe Mercedes Benz was right to just give people the off-road look without the capability. I bet that will appease most people but there will be a few who are missing out. There are other Benz options for people who are looking for a bit more substance though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts