Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve just purchase a New 2022 GLC300 with run fkat tires. The ride is awful and the recommend tirés pressure is 39psi front and 46psi back. Im thinking of lowering the pressure in the tires. Is anyone had the samedi problème and what did you do.
Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I ve just purchase a New 2022 GLC300 with run fkat tires. The ride is awful and the recommend tirés pressure is 39psi front and 46psi back. Im thinking of lowering the pressure in the tires. Is anyone had the samedi problème and what did you do.
Thanks
Hi, my name is Adrian, I'm from Greenwich Connecticut, I have 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300, it came with runflat Pirelli tires in a year and a half I had to replace them, then I replace them with another set of Pirelli tires and they were gone within a year or so, now I am on the third set of tires and they put continental extreme contact and they need to be replaced soon. Car only has 41,000. I have no idea what to do. I have no idea what to think. Car is the best car on the road, It's fast and it's handles good...I believe it's because of traction..car it's pressing on the road.....

· Registered
15 Posts
I have changed to Michelin Pilot Sport and have not looked back. Better ride, comfort , handling and mileage. Handling and gip are next level compared to the run-flats. No contest. There is also an SUV version of Michelin Pilot Sport which gives a quieter ride still.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have changed to Michelin Pilot Sport and have not looked back. Better ride, comfort , handling and mileage. Handling and gip are next level compared to the run-flats. No contest. There is also an SUV version of Michelin Pilot Sport which gives a quieter ride still.
I just like to clarify, you still run 255/45/20 tyres but fanged to Michelin pilot sport no rin flats?

· Registered
15 Posts
I just like to clarify, you still run 255/45/20 tyres but fanged to Michelin pilot sport no rin flats?
Yes, that is correct. If you do go down that route, also check out the SUV version of the pilot Sport. It has an extra ply in the tyre for even quieter performance and slightly stiffer sidewall. Either way, they leave the run-flats way behind.

· Registered
5 Posts
I had a non-fixable blowout on my BMW. I learned none of the tire sellers in my area carried any run flat tires let alone any in my size. I also learned that no one in my area would repair a run flat tire even if it was just a small nail. I waited a week for the two replacement run flat tires I ordered only to be told they were not available. I switched to non run flats.

When it came time to replace the 2019 GLC 300 tires I went with Michelin Defender LTX M/S non run flats and have been very pleased with them. I have tire inflating kits with sealant in both cars now.

Chuck

· Registered
18 Posts
I had a non-fixable blowout on my BMW. I learned none of the tire sellers in my area carried any run flat tires let alone any in my size. I also learned that no one in my area would repair a run flat tire even if it was just a small nail. I waited a week for the two replacement run flat tires I ordered only to be told they were not available. I switched to non run flats.

When it came time to replace the 2019 GLC 300 tires I went with Michelin Defender LTX M/S non run flats and have been very pleased with them. I have tire inflating kits with sealant in both cars now.

Chuck
I think run flats are a joke. The only advantage is for the manufacturer who doesn't have to supply a spare wheel, jack and tools. Lot of people don't even know that the car they are going to buy has run flats. My tyre guy just told me that if you drive on the run flats for app. 50 km, you can usually chuck them in the bin because of the sidewall are damaged by then. Replaced them on my BMW 330i also with non run flats and went from 19 to 17 inch rims. Amazing difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts