Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

As a new member I hope I have posted this in correct place!

Have had my 2016 GLC since new 2016 and I believe it has Comand system,

I have been asking to have my sat nav updated by dealership since 2017 to reflect massive 36 mile bypass round Aberdeen will all the associated new junctions.

Does anyone know if Sat Nav should have been updated for FREE during first 3 years?

Dealership are saying EACH update would have had to been paid for by me (believe now version 13?)!

They now want £117 to upgrade!

While I am now out of 3 year cover complaint has been ongoing since 2017....anyone with similar issues with Mercedes dealership especially Aberdeen?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Whilst I’ve no amswer, I hopeful your question shall merit discussion
I have my first service nearing and would like sat nav update to include the bypass to save me driving through fields..
Im thinking, it may be worth travelling for servicing to avoid dealership traits

·
Registered
18 Posts
You would need something in writing probably to confirm you had requested the satnav update within the 3 year manufacturers warranty from a MB dealership and they didn’t do it at that time.
As you are now out of the 3 year warranty you will probably have to pay unless you have a good relationship with the dealer! And yes, we are on V13 2019 for the Comand one but you only pay for the latest one and not all the previous versions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear ditch999

I have indeed kept all my emails from 2017 onwards so have no problem on that issue
One question....You say it is now Comand Version 13 2019...do you know WHEN this was released?
I think if it was before Sept 2019 will complete my case against MB and the dealership as each is blaming the other!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE; The dealership today completed the work for free after i demonstrated via past emails that I had repeatedly asked for the upgrade!

Unfortunately Mercedes Comand Sat Nav have still NOT added the Aberdeen AWPR the largest road bypass project completed in Europe in the last 10 years which has gradually opened in 2018 and completed January 2019.

Think a new car is required...and it will NOT be a Mercedes!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm in the same (Aberdeen) boat. No point in paying for an upgrade if the new local roads don't appear in the latest version.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
The GLC maps pre mbux are tom tom.

·
Registered
99 Posts
UPDATE; The dealership today completed the work for free after i demonstrated via past emails that I had repeatedly asked for the upgrade!

Unfortunately Mercedes Comand Sat Nav have still NOT added the Aberdeen AWPR the largest road bypass project completed in Europe in the last 10 years which has gradually opened in 2018 and completed January 2019.

Think a new car is required...and it will NOT be a Mercedes!
Do you know what version they have updated to?
I have my service in a month or so.....

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the same (Aberdeen) boat. No point in paying for an upgrade if the new local roads don't appear in the latest version.
Thankfully did not have to pay for upgrade to V13 but Mercedes Aberdeen had confirmed bypass was on it... only its not!

·
Registered
23 Posts
£40K+ for a car that cannot even keep up to date with road updates is an absolute joke! Adios Mercedes
The map updates and Mercedes-me arrangements seem to me like MB have lost the plot and are taking a 'nickel and dime' approach to their customers. We have three new Mercs in the family (E, GLC & A) with a total showroom value north of £100K and don't feel at all valued. In practical terms offering these things as part of the Mercedes package would create a barrier to exit from the marque. What they are doing just creates dissatisfaction.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Map updates in UK are free for 3 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Djlr Hi, I'm in Aberdeen and probably use the same stealers. If you have an SD card in centre consul 'Pop' it out and read card details.(mine expired 2019) Buy similar from e bay about £20,(an unused one) and insert into SD card slot. Follow instructions, On your PC (or Lap top) Download MBADownloadManager_GarminUpdate. Insert your SD card into your reader and follow instructions. It took a long time to download so use mains power. When you re-insert into car you'll now see AWPR no probs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello

I have also been having issues getting my local dealership to update the maps. I recently took the car in for its second service (bought the car at a year old) and specifically asked for the maps to be updated, it is stated as completed on the invoice. However, I find my self driving across fields when using a road that was completed in early 2018. The map version is V10. When I asked why this was not updated during the service I was informed that there is a £99 charge for updating the maps and I will also have to buy a new card as he current car is not suitable.

Can anyone confirm that...

• You are allowed free map updates whilst the car is under warranty, I understand this to be the case.
  • There is no issue with a 2018 SD card, it is a 32GB card as supplied with the vehicle and has 41% free space on it.
  • I have seen a number of links to a download manager to check the card and update the map, the only one that has run on my PC has a message that no card has been detected. I am also aware that it should ask for a password but it down not. Can anyone please point me in the direction on a working version and let me know how to obtain a username and password.
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
When you use the download manager you have to register/log in. It doesn't update the maps, just the operating software, as far as I'm aware to update maps you need to purchase an updated card.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts