Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started a few days ago. I tried using different phones, and a new wire, no luck. Any ideas short of going in to the dealer for a reset?

·
Registered
28 Posts
When we first got our car, CarPlay would work for a while and then the screen would pixelate, at which point I would restart the phone and it would start working again. At some point through IOS upgrades and GLC upgrades (presumably updated during the annual service) it now works without the periodic restart.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Connect your phone to the carplay via cable. While connected do a hard reset ( difference iPhones have various way of doing hard reset, so do a quick google search for your phone)
When doing the hard reset keep the reset buttons pressed in until you see the Apple logo appearing.
this should fix the scrambled CarPlay screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just started a few days ago. I tried using different phones, and a new wire, no luck. Any ideas short of going in to the dealer for a reset?
This happened to me 3 days ago! I called my dealer and they said I needed to come in as it might be an "electronic issue", which was incorrect as when I got there a service tech told me this is a bug that MB is aware of. He said it's that the iPhone has so much info and the MB can't process it all. (?) Just shut down the iPhone and restart it. It worked! Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This happened to me before. It was fine after I restarted the iPhone. I don’t know if the phone system is incompatible with the car system. I don't know more, and it never happened again after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is still happening, and it seems to be happening more frequently. A hard reset of my iPhone seems to correct it, but how annoying is it to have to do this while driving? What is MB doing about this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts