Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with wear on the front seats outer edge?
My GLC 250 d AMG Line was registered in 2017 and has done 11,500 miles, a small circle approximatley one centimetre in circumference has appeared on both front seats. The ARTICO grain surface has worn away exposing a smooth area beneath.
I took my vehicle into my MD who took photo's and the next day contacted me with a date next week for replacing both front seats under warranty.
I was very impressed with the speed and efficiency from MB in resolving this problem, but still rather concerned how quickly the seats had worn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I have a 2016 GLC and have a similar problem with the drivers seat, where a centimetre round area of what seems like the top layer of the leather has come away leaving the base layer visible. Thought it was us that had damaged it but have seen online a few people complaining of similar problems. You definitely think it’s worth taking back to the dealer to see if they would sort it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to know dealer reacted well.

I just notices this on my 250, drivers seat bolster. I had exactly the same issue on my previous C250D and warranty replacement was not a problem so hoping the same here.

J

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my new CLC43 coupe with Designo interior only 4 months ago, the car has 4400K’s on it. Today I noticed the edge of the drivers seat bolster has worn through the top layer of colour on the leather and there is a rough patch on the perforated leather on the bolster.
I took the car to my Merc dealer who took photos and reported the issue to Mercedes Australia.

I had a call this afternoon from the dealer, Mercedes have advised I’m getting in and out of the car incorrectly 🤔🤔, yes seriously.

I’m supposed to roll the seat back before getting in then roll it forward again after getting in, to avoid contact with the bolster.
Even the nice guy at the dealer thought this was a little silly, but had to pass the message to me.

Mercedes as a courtesy will fix the issue this time,

The issue is plainly that the material on the seat is not fit for purpose, my previous BMW M had deeper more bolstered seats and the leather didn’t wear through in the 7 years I owned it.

I am in Australia, and our consumer laws allow car companies to get away with this rubbish. I’m interested to hear more about the issue from others to build a case to make Mercedes Australia address my issue,
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
For reference, MB have now replaced the drivers seat door side bolster twice due to peeling of the surface, and it would appear the passenger side is now wearing in the same spot. The car is 66 reg and has done less than 30k miles. Will choose leather next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colm Conachy

The drivers seat on my daughters glc. 260 162 model is starting to come apart on the joints.
She went back to the dealer and basically got a shrug. Are the seats under normal wear supposed last longer than 3 years. Surely they are still under warranty
Colm Conachy

·
Registered
55 Posts
I picked up my new CLC43 coupe with Designo interior only 4 months ago, the car has 4400K’s on it. Today I noticed the edge of the drivers seat bolster has worn through the top layer of colour on the leather and there is a rough patch on the perforated leather on the bolster.
I took the car to my Merc dealer who took photos and reported the issue to Mercedes Australia.

I had a call this afternoon from the dealer, Mercedes have advised I’m getting in and out of the car incorrectly ����, yes seriously.

I’m supposed to roll the seat back before getting in then roll it forward again after getting in, to avoid contact with the bolster.
Even the nice guy at the dealer thought this was a little silly, but had to pass the message to me.

Mercedes as a courtesy will fix the issue this time,

The issue is plainly that the material on the seat is not fit for purpose, my previous BMW M had deeper more bolstered seats and the leather didn’t wear through in the 7 years I owned it.

I am in Australia, and our consumer laws allow car companies to get away with this rubbish. I’m interested to hear more about the issue from others to build a case to make Mercedes Australia address my issue,
Thanks

Hi Craig,
This type of response from dealers/MB Australia is laughable. Basically, they are trying to fob you off.
Australian consumer law states that a 'product must be fit for purpose' as a reasonable person would expect.
No reasonable person would expect a car seat to wear out in 4.4K kilometres of use.

A courtesy fix!!! My Arrrr.... ...well perhaps yours . .lol

Should this re-occur, be firm but polite ….mention the Australian Consumer Law ….watch them 'back peddle'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi . yes i have a glc 300. same problem with a small my dealer told me that it is not covered under warranty!! I have had my vehicle for 6 months

1 - 9 of 9 Posts