Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a service interval/schedule document available to check what needs doing and when. Mainly wondering when a first gearbox oil change would be required on a 9 speed auto. I believe it is different for a 7 speed.

2019 250d AMG Premium plus

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

Is there a service interval/schedule document available to check what needs doing and when. Mainly wondering when a first gearbox oil change would be required on a 9 speed auto. I believe it is different for a 7 speed.

2019 250d AMG Premium plus

Thanks
seem to remember mine was done at last service, so 5 years old, and I was told it was "expensive but fortunately covered by my service plan"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Neil, there doesn't seem to be any consistency with the service schedule, I was told today at my local dealer that the gearbox oil was due after 3 years so would be due on next years service, so if I bought a service plan for two years now this would be included. 3 years did seem a bit early to me, so not sure what to do without written confirmation that they would carryout the gearbox oil next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Hollen,
I have a 2015 GLC 250d, 9spd, but not the AMG. My mechanic advised the gearbox change is due at 120,000kms... and it needs to be done at a dealership where they have special equipment required to do the change under special sealed, negative pressure conditions... and yes it is expensive... I've got to book in for that in the next month or so. Sigh...
I hope that helps.
Adam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Hollen,
I have a 2015 GLC 250d, 9spd, but not the AMG. My mechanic advised the gearbox change is due at 120,000kms... and it needs to be done at a dealership where they have special equipment required to do the change under special sealed, negative pressure conditions... and yes it is expensive... I've got to book in for that in the next month or so. Sigh...
I hope that helps.
Adam
Thanks Adam, was this the first gearbox oil change.?.....I was advised from my local dealer that the the gearbox oil was required after 3 years, although I thought that seemed early.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This was discussed a while back albeit in regards to a 350d but, as the gearbox is the same, the comments regarding other models are equally valid. Personally I am going with the 60k miles irrespective of time interval. Call me cynical but it seems Main Stealers are always looking for opportunities to increase revenue streams as an offset for the cost of the filter coffee and carrot cake.

350d Gearbox Service

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was discussed a while back albeit in regards to a 350d but, as the gearbox is the same, the comments regarding other models are equally valid. Personally I am going with the 60k miles irrespective of time interval. Call me cynical but it seems Main Stealers are always looking for opportunities to increase revenue streams as an offset for the cost of the filter coffee and carrot cake.

350d Gearbox Service
Thanks for your reply Toobad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Adam, was this the first gearbox oil change.?.....I was advised from my local dealer that the the gearbox oil was required after 3 years, although I thought that seemed early.
I wasn't advised of this oil change requirement till the 120,000km point. For me that took 6 yrs. I would only be speculating on why your mechanic might be saying 3 yrs - for example, your vehicle or driving conditions may be a bit out of the ordinary - but like you, I'm a bit suspicious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't advised of this oil change requirement till the 120,000km point. For me that took 6 yrs. I would only be speculating on why your mechanic might be saying 3 yrs - for example, your vehicle or driving conditions may be a bit out of the ordinary - but like you, I'm a bit suspicious.
Thanks Kazabaz, the dealer had given me a price of £1008 for a 2 year service plan which was to include a 3rd year (A service) and 4th year service which she said was when the gearbox oil would need changing, this made me think it was a good deal as the gearbox oil change is £440 alone. I thought that maybe she had made a mistake so asked her to confirm this by email, which I have received this morning. I may still have a battle on my hands next year if they then say gearbox oil isn't due, but I have some evidence now of the agreement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts