Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - i'm just going through trying to sort out my options etc - is the Smartphone integration worth it if you have an apple phone?- do you get any real use out of it? what apps do you get access to?

thanks for you advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No car play on GLC, so No app by bluetooth connection.. But you can access Siri by pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel few seconds. Calling some one, texting easy with iPhone

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've selected the option on the configurator? - are you saying you don't get the apple screen up on the dash screen? - or you mean you actually need to plug the iphone in via USB to get Carplay to work? as opposed to doing it via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No car play on GLC, so No app by bluetooth connection.. But you can access Siri by pressing the voice command button on the steering wheel few seconds. Calling some one, texting easy with iPhone
the long pres to access Siri or Google i believe is on all models, i have COMAND and it works for me. i am also able to receive texts on the screen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm only going for the premium model (so no COMMAND) but i've spoken to the dealer and they've said that Apple carplay is done by just connecting via the USB port in the central compartment?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Apple car play on my GLC250D works great but you do have to use the cable in the center console that came with the car car play was an extra $90.00 to get

·
Registered
467 Posts
This discussion will rage on pointlessly until all the contributors are prepared to add their location to their profile like @MyMerc. Mercedes options are market dependent so your input will have no relevance unless you declare your location first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi My Merc,
How did you get the car play? Did you asked the dealer for it to install if it is available to our car? Mine was a GLC 250d as well January 2018 model but I don't have it ( afaik).
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Thanks Toobad, as you say questions like this are market specific.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apologies - added in my location.

I've added Smartphone integration as an option (£295) - assuming i can just use a normal iphone USB/lightening connector to get it to work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Straight from the GLC brochure (for the UK):

Smartphone integration via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay™
Please check on <Android Website> and
<Apple Website> for compatibility and approved
apps. Certain features and apps require a 3G or 4G data
connection. Control of features available through voice control
and controller on centre console

Not available with COMAND Online system

I had to delete the links as I'm too new to the forum to post links.

So as long as you didn't add Premium Plus you'll be okay. It is odd that you get it for free on the Urban but have to pay £295 on the Sport & AMG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Ceaser
I ordered it in Oct2017 arrived April 2018 it was an option i orded with the car for Apple car play i just checked the price it was $105.00 dollars not $90.00 as i said before

It was called the 14U- Smartphone integration

works great

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay thanks for that. They didn't mentioned thats as an option.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Correct. Apple car play is an excellent thing, in my opinion .. you can use your iphones nav system as well, and Apple will continue to make more apps available, like Wade, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts