Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've just placed an order for the new GLC 250d and I am very excited. Production date was set for April 2016 and delivery on May 2016.

I have been checking ever since the Mercedes Benz (German DE) website, and the configuration for each car.

What I have realized is that the following cars come with the optional Smartphone Integration System, which allows you to connect and operate your smartphone, iphone (CarPlay) or android through your center console (Audio 20CD or command online). The cars with available feature are:

A class, B class, CLA, CLS, GLA, GLE and GLS.

Unfortunately, and I do not understand the reason, the GLC does not come yet with that optional feature.

Can anyone answer the reason why? Anyone has got further/updated information of that?

would be glad to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not exactly certain why there are delays but I do know that other car companies have also been delaying the system, so it may be an issue with CarPlay or its integration into vehicles and not really the fault of the auto manufacturer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
May be a problem with carplay and apple iOS when they update. Not sure if holding off until they fix the bugs is a good thing because cars that did not start out with it may not be able to get it later on down the road.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It could happen in the future. I assume all you'll need is a systems update to mirror your phone on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I read for Ford that you would have to go in for a hardware update, it can't just be updated wirelessly.

·
Registered
412 Posts
As far as 'labor' goes, I can't imagine it taking more than an hour, so in that case you can add on what ever your dealer charges for an hour among other costs part of the service.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That is how it should be but at times car makers do charge for similar things as the process differs when it does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a reply from Mercedes-Benz about this and they say that the platform will not get CarPlay or Android Auto until the next generation, which will not be released for a couple of years. Not even GLC Coupé will have this feature when it is released.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts