Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Ordered my GLC43 back in June and I've been given a delivery date of 21st September so not long to wait now. Very excited although still slightly nervous about downsizing from an X5.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice move from BMW since on a personal level i think they could be doing more on many levels, design is just for starters, but they seem to be slowly turning around the X line up. X4 actually interests me.

How much did you end up paying for your GLC out the door?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Welcome Draven, you won't regret it, a great car.

May be worth filling your location in your profile as answers to questions can be market specific.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Draven, you won't regret it, a great car.

May be worth filling your location in your profile as answers to questions can be market specific.
Thanks Philamg, location updated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice move from BMW since on a personal level i think they could be doing more on many levels, design is just for starters, but they seem to be slowly turning around the X line up. X4 actually interests me.

How much did you end up paying for your GLC out the door?
I have enjoyed every second of owning my X5's (had 2 now) and regardless of how good the GLC turns out to be I know I'll miss the X5 in some way. It's a hugely capable car and whilst very obviously not a sports car the 40d M Sport that I have can really push on when needed! I won't miss trying to manoeuvre it in a French underground car park though :smile2:

I went for the following on the GLC

Selenite Grey
Black Leather
Premium Plus
21" Wheels
Running Boards
360 Camera
Intelligent Lights

and I got just slightly over 10% discount.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Sounds like a clone of my car except I have 19 inch wheels with the Night package, although may soon be getting a set of 21 inch wheels (long story).
The only thing I think you will miss with the X5 is the space, the 43 is a brilliant car.
When are you due to collect it, will be interested to see what you think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's due in to the dealer on the 21st September but I'm away for the weekend on the 22nd so I probably won't collect it until around the 25th.

It's fair to say I'm very excited!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there

Congratulations - You'll get yours a week before we do, it's fair to say there excitement here as well...

I really like the running boards, however the boss caught her leg on them getting in and out and foresaw her getting dirt on her cloths come winter, so that option got un-ticked.

Enjoy the thing once it arrives

I'm liking the GLC 63 but an extra £20k buys us a lot of fuel....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there

Congratulations - You'll get yours a week before we do, it's fair to say there excitement here as well...

I really like the running boards, however the boss caught her leg on them getting in and out and foresaw her getting dirt on her cloths come winter, so that option got un-ticked.

Enjoy the thing once it arrives

I'm liking the GLC 63 but an extra £20k buys us a lot of fuel....
My boss thought it looked better with the running boards so I got away with it.

I hear you on the GLC 63 but if I get on OK with the 43 and the 63 is as good as I expect it will be then I can see myself in one about 12 months from now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had my delivery date pushed back a bit but the dealer confirmed yesterday that it will be ready for me to collect this Saturday.

Only 5 sleeps to go!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,
As someone who is waiting on a delayed GLC, with no clear reason for the delay, and no clarity on a due date, are you able to share if your dealer gave you any detail on the cause of your delay, and, why they are confident of Saturday? It might be helpful to me later if I end up disenchanted and pulling out.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

I've never been given a reason for the delay from the 21st to the 29th. When I spoke to them yesterday they said that they'd got quite a few cars delayed and that they were all petrol but I believe you are waiting for a diesel so probably not connected. I asked my salesman if Saturday was "nailed on" and he said that it was. The one thing that did confuse me slightly was that he actually offered me the car for Friday (the kids want to come with me so Saturday it is) but it's not supposed to be arriving at the dealers until Friday and I would have thought it impossible for them to turn round the PDI the same day? Makes me think that the car is already with them or actually arriving earlier this week (or perhaps it's not going to happen at all and I'm just being strung along!).

I ordered back in the middle of June and looks like you ordered mid July so assuming yours arrives at the end of October the wait will have been the same.

I've had to put quite some effort in to get any information back out of Mercedes and despite getting a great deal financially the whole ordering process has felt second rate compared to BMW. I'm just hoping this is a blip and that the ongoing ownership experience is better!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you - appreciate you taking the time to respond. The Friday offer sounds odd to me also. My experience is they like 48 hours to turn around, so a same day is unusual - but perhaps they have lots of deliveries scheduled for Saturday and want some done sooner.

Yes I am awaiting a diesel. The experience thus far has been at the opposite end of the spectrum to the last 7 years with BMW, but, I am optimistic it's an aberration; when I read the many reviews of my dealer, they are very positive so hopefully the experience improves.

Look forward to hearing your review - if you ever get out of the car once you've experienced that performance and luxury!!

Reactions: Draven

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll be interested to hear if Draven gets his car this week because I spoke to Mercedes customer services re. my 43 ordered 11th May and was told this morning it was still in the factory but couldn't tell me why but I should be getting it fairly soon . No specific date however , but they will update me . All very puzzling !

Regards Andrew

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Andrew,

If I don't get it this week you'll probably hear my reaction from Devon. I've just given back the loan car I had from the dealer that sold my X5 for me so I'm now without transport until Saturday!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Andrew,

I've just remembered a conversation I had with my dealer about the wheels on the car. Have you ordered 20" wheels by any chance? That's what I originally specced and was subsequently told the order would be delayed until October if I wanted those but could have 21" and get the car in September.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Draven I just went with the standard 19's and non run flat tyres so maybe that's the problem though I wouldn't have thought so.
Hey ho I guess I'll get the car eventually.

Andrew

·
Registered
145 Posts
Seems to be quite a few being delayed. My GLC350d was meant to arrive at the Dealer on Monday this week and didn't. AFAIK it's in Zeebrugge I was told it might have missed the ship as it hadn't had it's final inspection? I don't have a new date when it might arrive, I was fuming at the time, but what can you do! I've had a few delays now, so should be getting used to it. For me it's the lack of info the Dealers themselves have, and cant tell me anything because they don't know..

I was meant to collect it this coming Saturday, but they don't expect it to even arrive this week. I could have driven it here from Zeebrugge quicker :-(

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Regarding the tyres, you guys may be correct, they can't get 19 or 20 inch all weathers for the GLC43, only 21 inch (BMW supply).

I am in dispute with MB Customer services regarding this, the latest being that they will pay 75% towards 21 inch wheels and all season tyres for me, I have refused to pay anything as it is their issue not mine - watch this space.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, if they decide not to pay the full amount for your wheels and tires, at least they'll cover 75% of it.
Shipping is where most of the delay is as far as I know, shipping to another country and then transported across various cities in an odd pattern before arriving at its final destination.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts