Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
......any of you that wish to go this way with a spare i will let you all know how it fits and if it fits under the boot floor.
I would be surprised if there is enough room for a space saver.... but interested to find out!

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Mercedes assist for me, we have paid for the service and up to them to get me going if I have a puncture.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If It fits, it may also be worth checking that running with a different rolling radius (assuming this is the case) will not damage the four wheel drive system. I know this can be a problem for Land Rovers and a quick search suggests that BMW’s X Drive may be similar. I didn’t find enough to confirm one way or the other for 4Matic (and there appears to be at least three variants). Someone may be along in a moment to demonstrate how it’s not an issue, but I would hate for you to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My spare wheel has arrived and I can confirm it fits under the floor perfectly.i have taken it for a test drive and there are no rattles at all

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just to let you all know if you buy the same kit as me you don't need purchase the short wheel bolts as the short wheel bolts come included in the kit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This space saver circumference is actual closer a match to my 20 wheel than the genuine Mercedes space saver wheel.comes with a Conti Tyre fitted so better than alot of space saver wheels offered on the internet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Learoy,

I found your post about space saver tire for the GLC. It is exactly something I been looking for a few days already. Pictures you posted are great and very helpful. I tried to open the video link that you have posted but seems not working anymore. Any chance you send me a link or video itself?
I am just abt to order the same kit as you did.
Also, mine GLC is Coupe but assume trunk (under space) is the same as for "normal" GLC so the lid would close too.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Davor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts