Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. The start stop icon my dash is staying amber with a line through it. I have driven the car for short and long journeys and doesn't seem to go green at all. I have tried driving it in Eco mode, comfort mode etc but it stays amber with a stroke though it, which i presume means its unavailable.
Does it mean i have a weak main battery or voltage capacitor (auxiliary battery)? does the GLC also have an extra battery in addition to the main battery?
There are no warning lights on the dash.
any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Similar problem with my 2014 A200CDi
I put the main battery on a slow charge overnight - I learnt (still a bit unsure) that the secondary battery has no real role in stop/start function.
Everything checked by Mercedes - charging system and BCU etc all OK. They did identify a weak cell in the main battery.
5yr old battery replaced - all now good. I admit the stop start had stopped working probably 18 months ago.
As for your dash notification in your GLC, I have a 2017 GLS350d. If I do a lot of running around - short trips, the stop start function rarely take over. After a decent run, everything comes back to normal function.
I do admit though that I use a customised vehicle set up where you can disable the stop/start function.
A new battery for the A200 - expensive - $600+ Aus. Ouch
All the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello folks. The start stop icon my dash is staying amber with a line through it. I have driven the car for short and long journeys and doesn't seem to go green at all. I have tried driving it in Eco mode, comfort mode etc but it stays amber with a stroke though it, which i presume means its unavailable.
Does it mean i have a weak main battery or voltage capacitor (auxiliary battery)? does the GLC also have an extra battery in addition to the main battery?
There are no warning lights on the dash.
any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
While there can be a number of causes for this, the most common is insufficient battery charge. To know for sure, charge your battery fully at home and then take the vehicle out for a spin and check. Of course, don't use the climate control while you do this because the auto-off is deactivated until the set temperature is reached.

If it is the battery charge, have the battery and charge system checked. In my case it turned out that the battery was faulty and an issue was found with a voltage sensor ( that could have resulted in improperly charged battery). In any event, all good now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts