Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this in my X3 and it drives me nuts having to manually override it every time you start the car. In fact BMW in Australia will disable it if you sign a disclaimer against their economy claims...but I havent done it.
When I get my GLC it will annoy me again and I have been asking dealers/sales people what the situation is. One helpful sales person who was using a GLC as a daily drive experimented and advised that the best you can do is to set a "personal" drive mode which you select at startup and set the start /stop feature to OFF. The only problem is the drive mode automatically resets to Comfort overnight so you dont get a permanent fix but you do for the day.
Can anyone confirm this understanding..?

·
Registered
71 Posts
yes, i tried that, the car ALWAYS starts back up in "Comfort" mode. unless there is some setting i missed, it doesn't work. it is less work to just push the eco-mode button off then scrolling to "individual" mode, which is about 3 buttons instead of 1.

i remember asking my dealer about a disable, they say nope, no, never, no-way, no-how.

i hate that feature so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have just established in the online manual that the car resets to Comfort mode ( which includes Eco ON) after 4 hours switched off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been reading the book...a list of conditions need to be met to have the feature activate. One is front seat belts done up..? Presume that it only looks for passenger belt done up when it detects weight there. In my X3 if I put 2 litre bottle of milk on passenger seat it yells at me to fasten the seat belt and I have to put it on floor. So I wonder if putting something on the passenger seat would trick it into not activating the Eco feature..? Possibly would, but then it would probably yell at you endlessly to fasten the bloody seatbelt.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Are there any other conditions that could possibly be interrupted without having a bitter-sweet ending ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there any other conditions that could possibly be interrupted without having a bitter-sweet ending ?
Yes there is a long list of conditions the system needs satisfied before it will introduce the stop/start eco feature. They are listed in the online manual for the car which is easily found...dont have the link.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In BMWs you can have this annoying button coded to off then push cancel to activate.
I had it done to my 520 sport. I will certainly investigate getting it done to my GLC, but, only after my warranty is expired

·
Registered
100 Posts

Heck!!!you fellows are very easy upset..:frown2:...what about the environment...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts