Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase a 2019 GLC Coupe in the next few months (UK). Does anyone know when the date of change that the modified suspension parts were fitted at the factory on new builds of the GLC’s ?

·
Super Moderator
1,143 Posts
Around November last year but some were missed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the replies. Just want to make sure when I purchase the car it’s been done, either from the factory or by the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Spoke to an MBUK service manager today. Well aware of the steering knuckle issue - they have done a few themselves. According to the SM any GLCs coming off the line from around Sept 2018 would have had the new steering knuckle factory fitted. Unfortunately he also confirmed that the 43/63 versions do not yet have a fix. Seems GLCs are considered hard on front tyres anyway with around 18K given as typical before replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks JimC that’s some good info, I’m in the market soon for a 2019 model so the chances are if it’s a 19 model it’s been done. Cheers everyone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Many thanks JimC that’s some good info, I’m in the market soon for a 2019 model so the chances are if it’s a 19 model it’s been done. Cheers everyone
We're in that process now. Not sure how many Urban models are left but hopefully we now have one pinned down! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
GLC 2018 v 2019 Knuckle Specification

Hi All
Just waiting for our New GLC Urban and now worried that there is a major fault ( manufacturing flaw ).

I found this great video

https://youtu.be/rO5rqpYPNjo

Question
Does any one have a specification or photo of the new versus OLD knuckles?
All I found was these nice parts book extracts alas the item 2 looks identical on each diagramme.

Left Knuckle ( no Air ) 253-332-01-01

Right Knuckle (with Air ) 253-332-02-01

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Sean and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the impending arrival of the Urban. I can understand your horror at discovering the tyre skipping problem when doing your due diligence research. The problem has been going on well for over 3 years now. The video you found was made by JP, a forum member, back in the early days. He even went on to launch a Mercedes Crabbing website to highlight the problem. Mercedes did provide many of us with free All-Season tyre replacements to mask the issue before the true fix arrived in the form of the modified steering knuckles.

Could you please keep all your posts regarding the replacement steering knuckles in the dedicated steering knuckle thread so all relevant information stays in one place. Have a look at my Post #54 in that thread, it probably has all the information you are searching for:

The Final Solution

1 - 10 of 10 Posts