Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make my E300 a better look, I push the wheels out with those wheel spacers(from bonoss). Installed it for over a year, and it runs without any problem.
Someone might consider increasing the tire size as the car was designed for.
Actually, there's no difference between a spacer and a wider offset wheel when it comes to wheel-bearing stress.
If the Spacer is not too large and is installed correctly. The undue stress comes from moving the centerline of suspension forces away from the wheel bearing, essentially turning the wheel bearing into a fulcrum, increasing radial and axial loads. This is a factor of track width, not spacers vs. Wheels. Changing to wider offset wheels is not any better than properly installed wheel spacers.
Another reason to not care though is that with a small spacer, the change in radial and axial loads from a small offset increase is so minor that it's all within the error of manufacturing processes.
Photos showing spacers fitted(front 15mm,rear 20mm). they are not as flush as some, because I did not want to alter the linings or fenders.

Got AL7075-T6 spacers with higher strength than 6061-t6.

Before&after.looks much better now.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
To make my E300 a better look, I push the wheels out with those wheel spacers(from bonoss). Installed it for over a year, and it runs without any problem.
Someone might consider increasing the tire size as the car was designed for.
Actually, there's no difference between a spacer and a wider offset wheel when it comes to wheel-bearing stress.
If the Spacer is not too large and is installed correctly. The undue stress comes from moving the centerline of suspension forces away from the wheel bearing, essentially turning the wheel bearing into a fulcrum, increasing radial and axial loads. This is a factor of track width, not spacers vs. Wheels. Changing to wider offset wheels is not any better than properly installed wheel spacers.
Another reason to not care though is that with a small spacer, the change in radial and axial loads from a small offset increase is so minor that it's all within the error of manufacturing processes.
Photos showing spacers fitted(front 15mm,rear 20mm). they are not as flush as some, because I did not want to alter the linings or fenders.
View attachment 3522 View attachment 3523

Got AL7075-T6 spacers with higher strength than 6061-t6.
View attachment 3524

Before&after.looks much better now.
View attachment 3526
View attachment 3525

1 - 2 of 2 Posts