Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I’m thinking of buying a 2020 GLC suv amg 43 with 21inch alloys however I’ve read so many horror stories with respect to tyre skipping and clonking.Does anyone know if there’s a dealer fix for this variant now? I had the same issue with my 2018 GLC, but a knuckle fix seemed to resolve the issue. However I understand that this isn’t available for the AMG 43 version. Is that correct? Would really appreciate anyones help / some practical advice! Thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Pretty sure you are correct - replacement Knuckes are not available for the C43 AMG GLC

The extra power of the C43 shreds tyres and will Skip, Bounce & Clonk far worse than non-AMG variants

Lovely car - just a shame that after 7 years MB still haven’t fixed this very annoying fault

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure you are correct - replacement Knuckes are not available for the C43 AMG GLC

The extra power of the C43 shreds tyres and will Skip, Bounce & Clonk far worse than non-AMG variants

Lovely car - just a shame that after 7 years MB still haven’t fixed this very annoying fault
Thank you. That is a real shame

·
Registered
99 Posts
Buy one on 19" rims with all season tyres and it ceases to be a problem , coming up to 5 years now and I still love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts