Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2021 GLC to the dealer for it's 10,000 mile service. While I was there I wanted them to check the easy entry and the profile feature both of which I didn't feel worked as per the manual. As it turns out the dealer has not clue how these features work. After a lot of trial and error they determined that the seat will only go back as far as the door post which makes this feature useless unless you are very short and if your short you don't need this feature. The profile feature didn't seem to anything, the manual said that once set every time you select your profile the driver seat and mirrors will move to you pre-set setting. They couldn't get the feature to work so they went to the lot and tried three new cars and none of them worked. At this point they wanted me to leave the car so they can call Germany and see what they can suggest. I wouldn't do it because they three cars in the lot they could play with they didn't need mine. After a week or two they called me to inform me that although I have the premium seat package the profile feature is not in the car. I purchased the car base on features that I now find out I don't have. It seems the sales people and the repair staff have no idea what is in a car and what is not. When I purchased the car they never told me that many of the features that do work are only good for three years and if I want to continue to use them I have to pay for them yearly. I am so upset I want to trade the car in and get some other make car. I will never buy another MB.

·
Registered
GLC300e AMG Line Premium Plus in Spectral Blue
29 Posts
It is true. You do end up with more knowledge yourself than either the sales staff or technicians. I have recently had problems with the unlocking and locking of the tailgate with the button inside the tailgate. They tried to convince me it was logic with how I unlocked and locked the car! That was until I pressed the button 4 times and on the fourth time the tailgate closed and the car locked! Try telling me that's logical. System still only works intermittently. I wonder if it's because the model was meant to have the kick close tailgate until the chip shortages forced MB to remove the feature. If you go on the forums, most car dealers are the same. The manufacturer changes spec often- especially with the recent semi-conductor shortages, and dealers don't get any communication from the manufacturer as to the changes. It's left up to us the customers to work out ourselves.

·
Premium Member
2021 GLC Coupe
2 Posts
I took my 2021 GLC to the dealer for it's 10,000 mile service. While I was there I wanted them to check the easy entry and the profile feature both of which I didn't feel worked as per the manual. As it turns out the dealer has not clue how these features work. After a lot of trial and error they determined that the seat will only go back as far as the door post which makes this feature useless unless you are very short and if your short you don't need this feature. The profile feature didn't seem to anything, the manual said that once set every time you select your profile the driver seat and mirrors will move to you pre-set setting. They couldn't get the feature to work so they went to the lot and tried three new cars and none of them worked. At this point they wanted me to leave the car so they can call Germany and see what they can suggest. I wouldn't do it because they three cars in the lot they could play with they didn't need mine. After a week or two they called me to inform me that although I have the premium seat package the profile feature is not in the car. I purchased the car base on features that I now find out I don't have. It seems the sales people and the repair staff have no idea what is in a car and what is not. When I purchased the car they never told me that many of the features that do work are only good for three years and if I want to continue to use them I have to pay for them yearly. I am so upset I want to trade the car in and get some other make car. I will never buy another MB.
Yep.......same thing with my 21 GLC Coupe. Easy entry works great for my 5'2" wife........but not for me..... only 5'10"! I found out by Google that it only works up to the B pillar. Dealer didn't know. MB says it's to prevent anything on the rear floor from being crushed by the seat going to far back!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MB is over rated. The dealerships have no idea what they are selling. Absolutely hopeless. After my car was out of warranty. I never visited another MB dealership for anything. My 2016 GLC250d had its ECU reprogrammed by the dealership without my knowledge. It was to fix up their emission dodging software. The reprogramming caused the fuel efficiency to decline considerably and increase Adblue comsumption too. I have given up persuing MB about this issue. Like you, I will never buy another MB!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts