How does it tow
What setting do you tow in

Thanks alfie

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A caravan and a boat trailer.

Was just wondering as I have orderd the off road pack that has a trailer setting that setting will be ok to tow off road.
But as that is a off road function on the road what do you find the best to tow in Eco, comfort, sport,sport +,

Thanks in advance alfie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Alfie. I should be able to tell you soon. We just recently ordered our 2017 GLC with the towing package. I will be towing a small RV travel trailer with it. I was under the impression that the official MB tow kits automatically detect a trailer electrical connection and activate a special towing mode. This also includes activating the built in sway control brake program.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I know that on towing pack you get extra cooling to the transmission
And a bigger cooling fan to the radiator
Have read that you do not get the same on a after market tow bar

Thanks alfie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just completed a holiday that involved a total of 3500 km towing a 1800 kg caravan with my 250d.

The vehicle has lots of power and at times I went up to 140 km/h when overtaking trucks.

Most of the time I towed using the standard economy setting. I also used cruise control 90% of the time.

Fuel consumption varied from 7.9 l/100 km on a 700 km stretch with the wind from behind to 10.5 l/100 km on a mountainous stretch of 400 km. Average consumption was 8.8 l/100 km.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all
Does anyone know if the factory fit electric tow bar has a manual override if you are away with the caravan and the electric tow bar doesn't
Engage ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wish I could help, but mine isn't installed with one. I don't think I've ever heard of a manual override for the electric tow bar. Best to ask the dealership.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had an electric towbar fitted to mine but that's all. Does anyone know if that's the tow pack (it's a uk spec) or is the tow pack in addition to the electric tow bar. I didn't get an option to include a full tow pack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts