Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I’m doing this wrong but I can only see run flat protection and it doesn’t display the actual pressure numbers? Or tell me what tire is low..My 20 grand gmc does this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just wondering if I’m doing this wrong but I can only see run flat protection and it doesn’t display the actual pressure numbers? Or tell me what tire is low..My 20 grand gmc does this
some regions do and some do not

the united states does show actual pressure

i agree its silly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where are you located @Glc318, I'm in the UK and TPMS shows the actual values in both Mercedes Me and under the Service menu in the multi-function display

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where are you located @Glc318, I'm in the UK and TPMS shows the actual values in both Mercedes Me and under the Service menu in the multi-function display
in US MercedsMe doesn't show tire pressure
i didn't realize the Me app differed by region
varying tire pressure measurement methods and different apps seems to add unnecessary complexity

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same in Canada I just bought new glc 300 2019 and no reading. Someone said due to flat tire. Other said “dealer” work I’m usa not Canada.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It depends on which market and when & which model of GLC, and what options you have selected.
There are 2 types of tyre pressure warning systems available for the GLC.

One the TPMS system, has individual pressure sensors in each wheel that send temp and pressure numbers to a receiver in the vehicle, this will display actual figures for temp and pressure in each wheel, on the dash display.

The second option uses the ABS wheel sensors to track the wheel speeds of each wheel, after you "reset" it remembers each wheel speed and the variance between each wheel. Should this speed differential change beyond a set threshold on one wheel, this is indicative of a significant pressure differential and will give a dashboard warning. Of course this system is not capable of giving exact pressure numbers.

In each country it was up to the importer to make the call as to what is fitted at the factory. Here in Australia, my '16 GLC250 did not have the full TPMS system, but I think the Coupe models did have it, in the more recent models all now get the full TPMS.

In other countries, I think it depended on which options you selected. It's all about hitting specific price points for each category in each country.

Simple??? yes/no?? lol.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts