Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

How often do you guys change your transmission oil?
I thought it was ~70,000 miles. mines done less than 30,000 and apparently MB recommend new transmission oil( and filter).
Seems excessive?

·
Registered
97 Posts
According to my service plan my 43 is due a transmission fluid & filter on its 5th birthday so time rather than mileage.

·
Registered
492 Posts
With only 30k miles covered in 5 years I seriously question whether you would want to change your transmission oil. I suspect it is quite involved and hence not a cheap procedure. My 220d Sport has just turned 5 years old and I have switched to an independent garage with MB diagnostic equipment and the ability to update the digital service record. My A7 service last month was £203 inc. VAT. The owner was an MB service technician for over 20 years before starting out on his own. He said he would be looking to change my transmission oil at the 7-8 year mark given I currently only have 22k on the clock. A 3-year MB service plan is currently showing at £40/month. That would make my A or B services £480/year but, hey , that does include a free AdBlue top-up. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree.
But just for ease I'll get the full service done.
FYI, the normal service is ~£250, but the renewal of transmission oil/filter and bits is another £300

This is at an independent. 😲

1 - 5 of 5 Posts