Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've just bought a GLC Coupe and now have the problem of being able to fit a Cockapoo in the boot. Does anyone have any recommendations on a crate or other means of comfort / ease of transporting him in the boot?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I have a 5 year old German Shepard and I've put the MB mesh guard up between the rear passenger compartment and the boot which came with my GLC but it isn't as sturdy as a metal one, but its better than nothing. It can be lashed to the cargo rings on either side of the rear wheel arches. When I purchased the car I had the dealership throw in a MB rubber boot mat and and a MB bumper protector which can be folded up into the boot itself.

I did consider a crate but didnt want something that cumbersome ion the boot all the time or the faff of taking it, replacing it etc, when the dog doesn't travel with us.

MB dont do a metal dog guard for the GLC and looking online at other company's that do dog guards, they look rather cumbersome and not of good quality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a seat cover that hooks over the headrests. It has little flaps where you can attach a harness into the seat belt clips. Mine seems happier in the GLC Coupe than any previous car. Take a look on Amazon
I bought this one

Pecute Dog Car Seat Cover 100% Waterproof,Rear Seat Covers for Dogs with Viewing Window/Side Flaps/Storage Bags,Dog Car Hammock Scratch Proof Nonslip Back Seat Protector for Cars Trucks SUV(146x136cm)

It fits perfectly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, quick question for you... when you say you have put the MB mesh guard up. Is this the cargo net you have put up? Or does this mesh guard pull out from the standard luggage cover bar which you normally pull across to hide what’s in your boot space?

Hi,

I have a 5 year old German Shepard and I've put the MB mesh guard up between the rear passenger compartment and the boot which came with my GLC but it isn't as sturdy as a metal one, but its better than nothing. It can be lashed to the cargo rings on either side of the rear wheel arches. When I purchased the car I had the dealership throw in a MB rubber boot mat and and a MB bumper protector which can be folded up into the boot itself.

I did consider a crate but didnt want something that cumbersome ion the boot all the time or the faff of taking it, replacing it etc, when the dog doesn't travel with us.

MB dont do a metal dog guard for the GLC and looking online at other company's that do dog guards, they look rather cumbersome and not of good quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

Its not the guard you pull out to hide the boot contents, it's the mesh guard that hooks into the roof lining and has clips that you can lash to to cargo rings on the rear wheel arches. If its not in use it folds in half and can be stowed under the boot tray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts