Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for advice. Yesterday and today i drove around and tried several times the short right turn, still ok no crabbing! Finger crossed. Will change the tyre next year when the time comes so far happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like you guys I had my tyres replaced and knuckles done to sort crabbing. Car has been great ever since, now coming to replace the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tytres on the front and they don't seem to be available in the UK anymore. Now paranoid that what I replace them with might bring crabbing back! Anyone any experience of the later Vredestein tyres (call me strange but I prefer the same manufacturer tyres on all 4 corners) the Quatrac Pro seems to be the replacement? BTW have a call in with my local dealer to get advice too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well folks- emailed me back and no joy with MB providing me with a set of all seasons tyres under warranty to fix this (having replaced the knuckles Nov 19- which they said would fix it). Just had the standard ‘change in rubber elasticity at cold temperatures’, ‘to improve the characteristic change the tyres’ and it’s a ‘comfort issue’ response back and if I’m unhappy to engage with The Motor Ombudsman. I’ve never had to buy additional tyres before for any of my other vehicles- even those with same size wheels!! Anyone had any joy with this line of pursuit?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts