Mercedes GLC Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
GLC AMG 43 March 2018 Black with 21” Wheels and Premium Pack
2 Posts
As I understand it this crabbing effect only applies to Right Hand Drive models of GLC with the 18-21” wheels and especially bad on both AMG 43/63 models. I have 2018 AMG from new back in March 2018 which had fronts changed at 6000 miles and now February 2021 with just 15100 miles on clock, they need replacing again to this fault that Mercedes call an “AMG performance Characteristic”........hmmmm..... only RHD though.......sure!!!
This is a clear fault that they cannot fix on AMG versions but they choose to leave problems with the customer. No more Mercs for me and I am seeking legal advice to get a refund as I heard that this action has been successful before. He who shouts loudest???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! Only had my car from the factory since October. I have the 21 inch alloys on my GLC45 AMG and both the front tires have worn down to 1 mm after 6400 miles use!? More often than not, I’m driving my children around to their various clubs and places they need to be. I know it is a very powerful car, but it hasn’t been driven as such. Just the front tyres alone will set me back £660 to replace!!I can’t be doing that every 6000 miles can I? Has anyone else had the same issue??
I purchased my GLC 250 in March 2017 and twice complained within a few months to my garage about the front wheels skipping when turning to be told there was no problem with the car. I then read a motoring report saying that there was a problem and dealers were replacing the tyres with all season tyres free of charge. Amazingly they then admitted there was a problem when I returned for the third time mentioning the report and they would replace the tyres. I suggested rather than waste the tyres with half tread I would return for replacement when needed so when the tyres needed replacing I returned to be told that I could not have them because my car had been more than 19000 miles! I asked why and the garage said the mileage was dictated by Mercedes UK. Guess what .... Mercedes complaints dept. told me the mileage was at the garage's discretion! Nether the Mercedes garage or Mercedes UK would accept responsibility and neither would say why 19000 miles was the limit. Why did the garage not mention 19000 miles when I suggested being economical and using the maximum wear? The original Hankook tyres lasted 21500 miles and the replacement Michelin Cross Climates are now due for replacing after 27000 miles. Mercedes customer care ? ... not encouraging.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts