Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It was a big decision for me as I’ve been driving BMW’s forthe past 9 years although I did have a C class in 2006. I’ve been driving a X3 3.0d Xline for thelast two years so this review has a few comparisons in it.

Car – GLC 250dAMG line in brilliant blue.

The Drive – Forme it’s a better drive than the X3 it’s more of a relaxed drive and alwaysseems easy to drive whatever the speed or road conditions. There a no low speed handling issues, thetyres fitted are Pirelli Scorpion verde all season tyres on 19” wheels. The engine performs really well, youobviously don’t get the same surge the twin power turbo diesel 6 pot but it’smore than adequate for everyday use and the low tax and insurance certainlymake it a bonus. The reversing camera isa welcome addition and makes reversing and parking simple.

Interior – It’s agreat place to be with a premium look, I think the panoramic roof adds to the greatdrive which is current getting a lot of use but with our typical Britishweather this will soon come to an end. The electric seats have lumber support, this made the short 50 mile journeyback from the dealer so much better as after a similar short trip in the X3always it gave me a “numb” back. I’vehad 5 adults in the car with no complaints about space they only had goodthings to say especially how comfortable the car was. The engine and road noise is kept to aminimum and is hardly heard above the brilliant Burmester audio system on lowvolume. The Burmester has a superb audioquality and is on par with the Harmon Karden in the X3. The Command system takes some getting used toand is work in progress but the Linguatronic system is very good and makesfinding phone contacts a breeze. There are loads of space in the doors forwater bottles and the like and a cavernous compartment in the centre consulthat will hold numerous CD’s and also has twoUSB sockets. The small size of this wasalways an issue in the X3. The rearstorage is perfect for me, it’s slightly shorter (floor to roof) than the X3but it’s was never going to be an issue and the addition of cargo nets whichare stored under the floor are a good safety point.

Overall – I’m very pleased with the car and in my opinion iswell ahead of the current X3. TheMercedes me app is brilliant as you can check the cars status on yourphone. Just one gripe is the windscreenjudder on return from the right which is annoying me at the moment.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts