Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

We are looking at getting a GLC or a Discovery Sport at the moment, GLC ticks a few boxes however I'm unable to go to a dealer to sit in one for obvious reasons.

Im pretty tall, does the pan roof have a significant reduction in head room? To put it in perspective, I have a 2015 C class without pan roof and have no issues. Disco sport is fine.

any other advice would be appreciated! Common issues etc

thanks

M

·
Registered
126 Posts
What a predicament to be in
I came from an X5 and initially found the opening restricted though muscle memory and pain stopped me bashing head on entrance
I don’t think you shall have a problem coming from c class..... certainly not outwith the seat adjustment

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm 6ft 1.5" tall and have no headroom issues whatsoever with the sunroof. The seat isn't even fully lowered, I just had to adjust it so the top of the steering wheel wasn't in my eyeline when looking at the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi all

We are looking at getting a GLC or a Discovery Sport at the moment, GLC ticks a few boxes however I'm unable to go to a dealer to sit in one for obvious reasons.

Im pretty tall, does the pan roof have a significant reduction in head room? To put it in perspective, I have a 2015 C class without pan roof and have no issues. Disco sport is fine.

any other advice would be appreciated! Common issues etc

thanks

M
I am 6'4" and have had no issues at all with Sunroof in relation to how close it is etc. The sunroof actually slides out on top of the cars roof when open rather than in a recess so I suspect this avoids too much headroom being lost. As others have mentioned once you have set the seat up to suit there shouldn't be any issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Same here 6'4", have just traded my 220d AMG line Prem for a 300D AMG Prem, one of the main losses in that swap was that the new AMG Prems don't get the opening pano roof that my 220 had. But for your purposes I can confirm that although the new non roof car has more headroom , the my 1st GLC with the roof was also completely fine for headroom and presented no issue at all, it's just that the new one does have even more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts