Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a 250D Sport for 14 months, after 8 months or so a noise occurred consistently between 1200 and 1500 revs, sometimes when accelerating but mostly on the overrun, it was frustrating but tolerable, so I left it for attention until the first service was due. The initial dealer response on collecting the car after the service was 'they are like that' but after complaining to the service manager it was agreed the dealer would have the car for a further day to establish if! there was a problem. Subsequent to that it went in for further week and I was told the prop-shaft would be replaced, so on the 3rd visit to the dealer it was replaced. Despite all this, the problem is still there but quieter, it certainly hasn't gone away.

After my first post in which mentioned this issue, Philamg suggested taking it another garage which is now my next option, when I have done this I will follow this post up again. In the meantime, has any member experienced a similar problem ie, a medium pitch whine occurring regularly at 1200 - 1500 revs?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Hope you can get it sorted Colonel Mustard, have you tried recording the noise for the dealer?.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it's a hit or miss problem with the GLC model and it's even affecting the coupes too, not just the SUV. So far I haven't found a concrete answer, but maybe the second dealership will find something new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I now have this problem, is there a solution out there for the low rev whine Please? i did try without my wife in the car but the whine was still there! seriously i do have this problem!

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Try sending a pm to Colonel Mustard to see if he resolved it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts