Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email last week from Mercedes to tell me of the latest update to the Garmin maps, and asking me to go to my dealer if I wanted to make the update.
The dealer (Mercedes-Benz World) first told me it would need to be booked in for 1-4 hours, then they checked their records and said no, as I don't have the COMAND system, I could just do it at home.
Trouble is, I can't and the problem appears to be that the update software won't work with macOS. I can't even load it. On my iMac I searched a bit and found a site totally in Chinese characters offering a Mercedes Download Manager. I didn't feel encouraged to try that option. On this MacBook, running the beta Mojave version of macOS, I get no options at all.
My last resort is to return to the dealer and ask them to do the update for me on a Windows system there, but I find it hard to believe that Apple is not supported...
Does anyone have any solutions or ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
What I do is use virtual box and feee internet explorer image from Microsoft. Virtual box allows to run any os on top of your Mac. And free tester version is good for 3month. Then I install Mercedes software to the virtual box and update it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts