Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click on the link below to see the presentation of the wife's new car. The weather's not too clever but it is the UK after all...

https://mercedes.citnow.com/vtpf-vDGK1h

She will be the proud owner next week ! I can translate for those of you who don't speak Geordie !!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wish more dealers did this, it's just unfortunately that often times customers come across people that are only in it for the pay check, not for the fact they love cars, and that clearly get reflected in their sales....unless of course it's an attractive women selling cars ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car is great for UK because it's mostly wet and cloudy :wink2:
I think the UK is twinned with Seattle !

Only kidding, we love Seattle and have seen it in sunshine and have pictures to prove it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish more dealers did this, it's just unfortunately that often times customers come across people that are only in it for the pay check, not for the fact they love cars, and that clearly get reflected in their sales....
He's a good feller Ray, he's not long been at Mercedes coming over from 10 years with BMW. Speaking to him he moved because he'd lost faith in the product and feels at home with Mercedes, which is nice. I should (hopefully) get a similar vid' in a couple of weeks which I'll share.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's unfortunate but at least with Mercedes he gets some nice design, that's one thing i'm really liking and i know for a fact if I was to get into the segment the 7 Series and S-Class is in, it would be an S-Class,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed, the S Class is a fabulous machine, cosseting but sharp at the same time. I was fortunate to have a little drive of an AMG version (with loads of upgrades including 570hp !) while waiting to pick up my M Class from a service - truly stunning ! Calm and collected one minuet and barking mad the next. A genuine split personality car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Must of been nice!

I went in an S600 Maybach once and that was quite impressive, still have yet to see an S65 AMG, those are super rare and it's easy to see why someone might not want to buy one.... for the same price you can have a Rolls Royce Ghost, Mulsanne, etc.

Takes a true gear head to want the S65 AMG

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, a rare bird indeed is the S65 AMG, very exclusive and elusive and most people won't have a clue what they are. Maybach's (short or long wheelbase) aren't exactly common either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the UK is twinned with Seattle !

Only kidding, we love Seattle and have seen it in sunshine and have pictures to prove it.
Seattle is wonderful in summer... I was in Seattle late Dec 20+ yrs ago, the roads were always wet... I went out for a golf game, drizzled for 1/2 hr then stopped for 1/2 hrs then drizzled for 1/2 hr... on and on... Never been to UK so I don't know :x but would love to visit

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never been to UK so I don't know :x but would love to visit
We do get our share of 'interesting' weather, some parts more than others however. It's an interesting enough place the UK for a visit, it's not that big but people are surprised how remote some parts of it can be (Northern Scotland for example). We do have some interesting old buildings and the like, this one is near me in Northumberland (the most Northerly of Englands Counties), click on the link to explore -

Bamburgh Castle - Days Out, Weddings and Events Venue - The Historic seat of Northumberland

·
Registered
412 Posts
Weather conditions have been getting weird. I have a friend in Dubai that got a rain storm and that's something he's never seen in all the years living their.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts