Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
GLC 250 2016
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had issues with screen washers blocking up? This just started on mine today. Admittedly the washers ran dry and filled them up last night but this morning they refuse to spray. The pump is still running when I try to use them but nothing sprays out. Sounds like it could be a filter blocked within the washer tank/ pump with possible gunk in tank?. Anyone had similar issues and if so is it something that can be tackled as a diy job?. i.e remove inner wing cover/ clean filter etc?. Looking to see if possible or need to accept a visit to main dealer for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this issue myself today, from my part I think it's the screen wash that has congealed, thing being is it has been fine for over a year with me using whatever screenwash I had to hand, the issue from memory only started since the last top up which was when it was serviced at MB, they poured some OEM washer fluid in as part of service, now i got the problem.....

·
Registered
GLC 250 2016
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now cleared mine. Was fairly straight forward clearing it by taking front passenger wheel off and removing the inner plastic wing but you'll need a plastic grommet remover tool as well. Pump just slips out the bottom of the tank and then you can remove the small filter it sits in and clean it out. Mines was fairly gunked up so it worked out all well. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts