Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curios what’s everyone’s driving position. Seat low ? Wheel far or close. Middle windshield eyesight etc. Has anyone found most comfortable position ? Coming closer to 2 years I still feel like it’s a big car and still playing around with positions. Would love to hear everyone’s setup or recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
I thought GLC was a big car but having spent the last 6 weeks driving around in an Audi Q7 whilst mine was repaired it isn't.

Got my car back yesterday and it is a joy to drive compared with Audi, test driving a new GLE today, will tell you what I think.

Regarding driving position it takes weeks to get the correct position but once you have got it no need to change and it's all down to what you feel comfortable with. The memory seats aid in that if you move the seat you can put it back to the right position.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I guess my settings are pretty much mid everything though I have the wheel as high as possible, that#s towards the windscrren / dash not out towards me and it's still not as high as I like as partly obscures the instruments.

I agree with Phil, The GLC looks big from the outside but it's not a big car compared with others out there, GLE much bigger and I had an X5 recently which has a lot more presence. I think the GLC is fairly compact, plenty of space inside but not cavernous and the boot is a bit small. I stick and electric golf trolley in and have to squash the bag up at an angle which isn't ideal.

Nice compromise though between space and maneuverability.

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Have ordered a GLE 450, delivery May. It is big but like the GLC I will get used to it. The MBUX system is brilliant, the voice command system is unbelievable, tell it to turn on passenger side heated seats it does, change ambient lighting to blue, etc etc.

Will have some GLC items to sell shortly, 4 MB 20inch AMG bi colour multi spoke wheels (immaculate) with winter tyres (less than 2000 miles, 7mm tread), MB cross bars and roofbox used 4 times and MB all weather floor mats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Seating higher seems to be a bit more comfortable especially on the longer trips, did a trip for over 3 hours yesterday and it was pretty comfortable. If only Garmin didn't suck, but luckily had Waze for the rescue :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have ordered a GLE 450, delivery May. It is big but like the GLC I will get used to it. The MBUX system is brilliant, the voice command system is unbelievable, tell it to turn on passenger side heated seats it does, change ambient lighting to blue, etc etc.

Will have some GLC items to sell shortly, 4 MB 20inch AMG bi colour multi spoke wheels (immaculate) with winter tyres (less than 2000 miles, 7mm tread), MB cross bars and roofbox used 4 times and MB all weather floor mats.
The MBUX is great. Lots to discover too. The voice command system is good at first but soon becomes a pain the @rse.
Like Alexa you can use real language, if you say you are cold it recognizes who in the car has spoken and turns up the heating for that part of the car. All well and good, but every-time you say the word "Mercedes" it stops everything to await your command.

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
The MBUX is great. Lots to discover too. The voice command system is good at first but soon becomes a pain the @rse.
Like Alexa you can use real language, if you say you are cold it recognizes who in the car has spoken and turns up the heating for that part of the car. All well and good, but every-time you say the word "Mercedes" it stops everything to await your command.
Just say cancel and it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts