It makes negligible difference to real world fuel consumption and is more about getting the required published emissions levels lower in the laboratory tests. If you do frequent short multi-hop journeys you can configure Individual mode to your particular preference and then you will have the option to keep Stop/Start off for 4 hours at a time.
I'm not impressed by the amount of time it takes the near side door mirror to return from dipping when reversed is engaged. Once drive is selected its takes an age for the mirror to return. If your waiting top move out of a parking space the time lapse is so slow!!! Im my BMW it returns straight away.
dont like the small steering wheel on mine as it completely covers the parking sensor LED's at the top of the dash - to the extent that I didn't even know they were there !!!
dont like that stupid left hand wiper stalk and equally stupid wash button - why cant it be on the right and pull to wash the front or push to wash rear like most other cars do
un-decided on the pleather seats....at that price I would have expected proper leather or, preferably Alcantara which is cool in summer, warm in winter, and you dont slip & slide on it
do like the memory seats as myself and my wife are very different in size and driving positions - they are a godsend and one of the main reasons for choosing a GLC !
do like the 4WD system - first ever car with 4WD (28 previous cars!) - not used in anger yet but certainly gives confidence when exitting a side road with gravel on the junction - it just goes
- Even with Auto-Stop turned OFF in the settings, it still turns ON. Didn't like it in our '16 Pilot, and I still do NOT like it in our GLC 300.
- As Flapp said, the mirrors take too long to return to their D positions, after being in R. My Silverado and daughter's Cruze return as soon as you move the selector out of R.
- Just like the mirrors, Back-Up Camera is SLOOOOOW to return the screen back to where it was. My Silverado and daughter's Cruze return as soon as you move the selector out of R.
- Can NOT open the sunroof in "VENT" without the shade retracting too. I like driving for about 10 minutes, allowing the airflow over the vehicle to suck the heat out of the vehicle. I also like to leave the vent open, nose into the wind, to help keep the interior cool on these hot summer days. It's counterproductive with the shade open too.
- Previous owner (car rental company) allowed someone to steal the NAV memory card.
- Cruise Control can be adjusted by either 1 or 5 MPH intervals (still not completely use to its full operation yet).
- Cruise Control is very responsive. Run Cruise down to 35 from 55, you better have your seat-belt fastened.
- Drive & Reverse can be selected very easily. Move the control arm up to its max range, and you're in Reverse. Likewise, for Drive, just move the arm all the way to the bottom, and it goes straight into Drive, bypassing Neutral. Feel like we're driving the '16 Pilot that we use to own, push button transmission.
- Park & Parking Brake sets automatically when you turn off the engine.
- Parking Brake disengages automatically, when you take it out of Park.
- One touch OPEN/CLOSE sunroof/vent. Only dislike for the sunroof/vent is listed above.
- Three (3) driver memory
- Controls for everything both on the steering wheel and on the center console
Had my GLC 6 months and just seen the beautiful blue led lights at front of the car when unlocking, as I usually just unlock with keyless at the door handle.
Love - distronic plus cruise control.
Dislike - car crabbing as this is first few days with lower temperatures, cannot believe how poorly car cannot turn on full lock, just slides forward.