Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
2018 GLC 43....well I hate the steering knuckle issue personally.

When accelerating hard it stumbles when going into third gear....maybe needs to be remapped....my Mercedes dealer is horrible so probably just live with it.

I hate the indicator for the rear seating to put on their seat belts. I almost never have a rear passenger so not sure why this function exists.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my GLC250D a few days ago. Australia. Already had a 1000km road trip on highways and lower grade country roads. Got to test it out quite well.

ii. Handles well
iii. Sufficiently decent performance, overtaking was a breeze.
iv. Love the ability to quickly switch driving modes.

Dislikes:
i. Radio button turns the radio on but not off. What kind of idiot programs it that way?
ii. No right foot rest. I have one in my Golf and it's the best place to rest my foot when in cruise control mode.
iii. The navigation system is always behind my actual location and instructions are too late to act upon.
iv. Making calls is too complicated / too many tasks to perform just to call a regularly dialled number.

Minor stuff - I find the location of the indicator stalk a bit too high. And being rural with a new and black car I'll have to wash it a lot more often!

I hate the indicator for the rear seating to put on their seat belts. I almost never have a rear passenger so not sure why this function exists.
This I find rather curious as well, why does it stay on for so long? Makes no sense if there is a) no one in the seat and b) if there is they are already buckled up.

·
Super Moderator
1,137 Posts
Seat belt warning also stays on in GLE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what's up with you navigation....ours is actually very good. Better than the **** 2020 Volvo we had. Now that was bad
The position on the mapping is delayed too much and is somewhat behind my actual location, meaning navigation prompts come too late. It'll tell me it's 100-200m to the turn when I am already passing the turn. I don't get this with a cheap Garmin GPS or with my phone navigation apps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Think you have a problem with your actual unit, mine works perfectly giving ample warning of up coming junctions etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've recently picked up a 2020 GLC 300D Coupe, Fortunately I don't think it has the crabbing issue nor some of the peeves from other posts (it's still early days but fingers crossed!). Gear box is smooth, auto driving functions are amazing. Economy also impressive
Only issue so far is with the LED headlights. when driving at night I get flashed at least once a minute from cars coming in other direction as they think I have my full beams on. I spend most of the time flashing back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've recently picked up a 2020 GLC 300D Coupe, Fortunately I don't think it has the crabbing issue nor some of the peeves from other posts (it's still early days but fingers crossed!). Gear box is smooth, auto driving functions are amazing. Economy also impressive
Only issue so far is with the LED headlights. when driving at night I get flashed at least once a minute from cars coming in other direction as they think I have my full beams on. I spend most of the time flashing back.
Do the lights need some angle adjustment? Even low beam can be a little high depending on the car's set up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like kerb/speed bump/pothole damage, always an issue with low profile tyres 😞
Yep. $600 tyre. Gulp. At least rim is OK.

But no way I hit anything that hard. I think this might have been prior damage that showed up after a more minor bump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do the lights need some angle adjustment? Even low beam can be a little high depending on the car's set up.
This. I'm always driving with high-beams on auto and it's really nice to see how the car switches off parts of the light-beam around other cars. Noone flashes back and I drive on dark roads a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may add a contact to your favourites by holding the favourite button and then it's much easier.
Thanks

I have to get my head around this. Whenever I hit the favourites button all I get is a list of app options to choose from, which isn't much different to just selecting the main menu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the new 2020 MBUX central screen... the symbols indicating vent airflow direction are tiny. Difficult to see the color change to/from grey/blue of each direction (windshield, dash, floor)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The flat-bottomed, perforated-leather steering wheel of AMG-line is not available with “heat” feature. To get a heated steering wheel, the wheel has to revert to non-sport round one. Yet, the full AMG models have heated, flat-bottomed wheels. So it is not a technological issue due to shape. Is MB simply too cheap or too rigid to manufacture a heated version of the flat-bottomed sport wheel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
“Individual” driving mode has to be confirmed each time the car starts. Very annoying. All individualized modes (seats, steering feel, drive mode) should be a one-button process. And default should be the last one when the car was turned off.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts