Mercedes GLC Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2019 GLC 300 for almost 3 years now.
What I love:
Simplicity of dashboard. It is cluttered with buttons. I love the clean, simplicity look.
The comfort and quiet ride.
The sport and sport + mode when need to.
The Burmeister sound system. Much better than the standard sound system.
I love the 360 degree view display on the console screen. Haven't seen that in any other cars yet. find it extremely helpful when maneuvering in tight spaces.
Much of what I found in my GLC, I greatly enjoyed

What I don't like:
The proximity sensors tend to go off during the winter when ice partially or fully block the sensors.
Sometime driving, an alert sound and alert light came on, but it disappeared so quickly that we have no way of knowing what caused the alert.

· Registered
GLC 250D Selenite Grey AMG line, Command package, Seat Comfort package, Vision Package
20 Posts
Very, very happy with my Australian GLC250 Petrol.

The only thing that peeves me is when it runs out of suspension travel ...and hits hard on the bump stops.

...admittingly doesn't happen often ...but can occasionally. Could be just the crap roads we have in Oz ..once you get off the main roads. Doh!

Some blame attributable to the Run-flat tyres …..some to the dampening! I will be replacing the RFT with standard tyres when the time comes.
Hi
Have you changed your tyres yet? If so what with and how do you find it now with out the run flats
I am "over due" for tyres I also have the Australian GLC 250 and the run flats 20 inch are very harsh
but other wise the car is extremely nice

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Have you changed your tyres yet? If so what with and how do you find it now with out the run flats
I am "over due" for tyres I also have the Australian GLC 250 and the run flats 20 inch are very harsh
but other wise the car is extremely nice
I changed mine from the original run flat to a studless tire. I can't believe how soft the ride is compared to the original one. I'd replace it with a different brand just for that. It's also quieter and forgiving in bad roads according to my experience.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have had MBs with year models 1984, 1994, 1998, 2009 and now av 2018 GLC 220d.
I have previously never had á reason to question the design of my previous models, mostly the usability aspects. But with GLC, there are lots of design flaws of the kind "didn't think of that"...the term "smart" today is seldom very smart in reality in my eyes.

One dangerous example is the alert sound described in post #41. This is the collision warning!! If you are going to run into something or someone, that car should not give a sound from the dash bar that makes you look down. The collision warning can go off on a traffic sign or something, but one day it is a kid... As described in #41, it took me long time to figure out that this was the collision warning.

Another silly design flaw is the placement of the glasses compartment at the ceiling, with the opening 1 mm from the telephone buttons....

In between, I have a long list of design flaws... One is that they don't design the car for grown up people. They try to make the GLC look like a sports car. For example, the seats are too small for my fat ass...(this is Europe). The seat belt warnings is another.

· Registered
4 Posts
Don't like the dummy tail pipes & that in winter the exhaust gas can be seen to come from under the car & only on the left. Had a GLA before & gas emerged on both sides from the chrome pipes. Small thing, but even cheap SUV's seem to have twin outlets.

· Registered
4 Posts
Don't like the dummy tail pipes & that in winter the exhaust gas can be seen to come from under the car & only on the left. Had a GLA before & gas emerged on both sides from the chrome pipes. Small thing, but even cheap SUV's seem to have twin outlets.
Also the 'dinger' that turns down the audio to announce a loud 'ding' every time you select neutral.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts