Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just ordered a new GLC 300d to replace my 250d and was wondering what Tyres they are fitted with now.
My 2018 250d came with Goodyear Eagle All Season run flats which were a little noisy and firm but otherwise a very good tyre. I know these were fitted in response to the tyre skipping issue that blighted the GLC for a few years so does it look like the issue has been resolved and MB have now reverted to normal summer tyres. Looking at photos of nearly new 300d’s for sale it looks like a mix of Pirelli Scorpion Verde or Michelin But they don’t look like all season which I’d prefer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi I'm looking at a new set of tyres soon and my 43 doesn't have the benefit of modified steering knuckles so I'm going for all seasons again , I've had goodyear all seasons on since shortly after purchase and they've worked okay but I was thinking of Vredstein Quatrac Pro as they have a higher speed rating and was wondering if anyone had any experience of these tyres. As to your query I think the Scorpion Verde are a sort of all season tyre and I guess you could request Michelin cross climate which are definitely all season .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve just ordered a new GLC 300d to replace my 250d and was wondering what Tyres they are fitted with now.
My 2018 250d came with Goodyear Eagle All Season run flats which were a little noisy and firm but otherwise a very good tyre. I know these were fitted in response to the tyre skipping issue that blighted the GLC for a few years so does it look like the issue has been resolved and MB have now reverted to normal summer tyres. Looking at photos of nearly new 300d’s for sale it looks like a mix of Pirelli Scorpion Verde or Michelin But they don’t look like all season which I’d prefer.
I replaced my 2018 250d fitted with Goodyear eagle all season run flats with a 300d back in Nov - My 300d has Michelin Latitude sport 3 tyres, I believe these are summer tyres. During the colder months I found a very small amount of skipping but nothing to worry about - I have not noticed anything over the last couple of months. Time will tell as it gets colder and the tyres wear.
I had the knuckle replacement completed on my 250d after 12000 miles (didn't notice it until then) and this resolved the issue.
If I had the choice I would fit the all season tyres, they also seemed to wear a lot better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have just collected car after first service 17months old, 4200miles, fitted with, 20” wheels and Scorpion verde tyres.
All four tyres require replacement as cracked between tread
7.1-7.2mm tread on all tyres

1 - 4 of 4 Posts