Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks,

Am going in Sunday to negotiate buying new GLC 250D AMG line in Brilliant Blue with options.

Would like to hear from owners their opinions on the upgrades they had and were they worth it. I specked up my Q5 when I ordered it from new and a couple of options I found not worth the money.

At the moment am looking at:

Premium Plus upgrade for the Burmester Hi Fi. Is it as good as the Audi B & O which is superb

Lighting upgrade

Black Pack

Towbar ( caravan)

So anything else to think about. Thoughts and considerations very welcome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went for:-

220 Sport in Diamond Silver with Black Ash interior trim.

Premium Plus - not bothered about a sunroof (in Scotland!) but want a good sound system.

360 Camera - Impressed with this on test drive.

Intelligent headlights

Mercedes take note - how enthusiastic we all are despite crabbing issue!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went for:-

220 Sport in Diamond Silver with Black Ash interior trim.

Premium Plus - not bothered about a sunroof (in Scotland!) but want a good sound system.

360 Camera - Impressed with this on test drive.

Intelligent headlights

Mercedes take note - how enthusiastic we all are despite crabbing issue!
Cheers for reply Hurley, forgot to add the 360 camera is on the list too.

The crabbing tyres issue I too shall be asking about..!!

I heard a rumour sun coming out in Scotland next February 29th so you will regret not having the sunroof then.. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
I have GLC 43 on order for March with:

Premium plus, Night package, 360 Degree camera, intelligent lights, leather, running boards

Reactions: Mobydick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have GLC 43 on order for March with:

Premium plus, Night package, 360 Degree camera, intelligent lights, leather, running boards

Virtually the same upgrades so must be an attractive package. What colour your gone for?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Virtually the same upgrades so must be an attractive package. What colour your gone for?
Have gone for Selenite, Black looks great but only when clean.

Reactions: Mobydick and Hurly

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Adaptive LED Headlines and 360 Camera are a must for me. I use them a lot.

I have the towbar and it's good. I also have the blind spot detectors which are okay, but if budget is a consideration then spend the money on something else like Winter Tires ;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any big advantage in Command vs Garmin. Yes the screen looks much better, Burmeister a luxury. Still have time to upgrade from to Plus over Premium but can't really afford it!

AMG Premium, 360, towbar. Delivery end March.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
You get the following with command

"8.4-inch high-resolution colour display, hard disk drive (HDD) navigation with 3D map display, Live Traffic Information and European
map*data updates free of charge for the first three years. Single CD/DVD, Speed Limit Assist, Traffic Sign Assist and LINGUATRONIC
voice control. Mercedes me connect services, emergency*call system (eCall) and access to internet sites when vehicle is stationary,
plus unrestricted use of Mercedes-Benz apps (internet-enabled mobile phone required). Integrated WLAN hotspot for onboard access of
WLAN-enabled devices. Also*includes 10GB*music register and MP3*compatibility"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Phil, really tempted. Does anyone know if voice control is standard on the Premium spec with Garmin? Considering you get live traffic on a £100 TomTom Go surely it should be included on the Merc Garmin version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to MB ownership but have ordered a 220d AMG Line with Premium Plus pack which is due mid March, the budget ran dry so I could not go for the 250d and leather. The colour choice was my biggest problem but eventually went for Cavansite Blue without seeing one in the flesh only on You Tube. Subsequently got a rollocking off the wife so lets hope I have chosen well :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
By the way - does anyone know if Mercedes Dealers automatically inform of Build-Dates and cut-offs for changes to order spec?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New to MB ownership but have ordered a 220d AMG Line with Premium Plus pack which is due mid March, the budget ran dry so I could not go for the 250d and leather. The colour choice was my biggest problem but eventually went for Cavansite Blue without seeing one in the flesh only on You Tube. Subsequently got a rollocking off the wife so lets hope I have chosen well :)
I was tempted to that blue as saw a car in the showroom in it. Daft name though Cavansite or Caravansite Blue!

Is there any issues with the seat coverings not being leather but the Mercedes version of Alcantara like I have in my Audi now and love it..

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
By the way - does anyone know if Mercedes Dealers automatically inform of Build-Dates and cut-offs for changes to order spec?
Mine didn't.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
I was tempted to that blue as saw a car in the showroom in it. Daft name though Cavansite or Caravansite Blue!

Is there any issues with the seat coverings not being leather but the Mercedes version of Alcantara like I have in my Audi now and love it..
I think it is a fake version of leather in the Merc which is different to Alcantara which is a suede like material.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is a fake version of leather in the Merc which is different to Alcantara which is a suede like material.
Thanks Phil,

Seems slightly at odds in a premium vehicle to add leather then as a payable option which is standard on some Korean motors today. :|

Does the Parktronic gizmo come as part of the Premium Plus package? I cannot quite work out on the configurator if yes or no. Seems a right good toy to play with.. Am considering the Off Road package too now as for the £450 some interesting stuff thrown on the car and like the boggy stuff now and again.. But side steps look good too and would they get in the way?

My Bank Balance is weeping at the temptation..... :surprise:

Regarding build dates the order I shall hopefully be placing is dependant on the registration date being before the new VED increase. The dealer knows this and has shown me a few in the pipe line on his system which can be hi jacked to my spec. Along sie all the vehicles were dates allocated to build and shipment so some information readily available on this matter yes.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
You are right about the leather, was surprised you have to pay extra for it, I'm sure all BM'S come with it now.
Wouldn't get too excited about Parktronic, I have it on my Discovery sport but have never used it.
Would imagine that to get car before new VED comes in you would have to order very soon.

My view is that if you are interested in an option and bank balance will stretch to it go for it, if you don't you may be driving the car thinking I wish I had ordered that.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
The parktronic isn't part of premium or premium plus packs, in UK it is standard on all models except SE.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes, Parktronic is indeed part of the Premium Plus package. In the 7 months of ownership I've only seen the radar detection offer me the Parking Assist option once. It will do conventional parallel parking as well as supermarket parking. Be aware the system is not clever enough to leave you enough room to get the doors open if you find your self sandwiched between two other cars. But on the upside, having pulled the trigger on the Premium Plus option, you will also benefit from the panoramic sunroof as an escape route. And if you are not athletic enough to take advantage of that, just enjoy the superb Burmester Surround Sound system until one of the other cars move. Personally, I just "Clarkson park" - afterall, it is a Mercedes. >:)

Mercedes refer to their standard trim as "man-made leather". I think this appeases potential customers with a conscience about using animal hides. I find I am now getting judged every time I wear my designer trenchcoat fashioned from baby sloth pelts. What is the world coming too? Anyway, people also know the interior trim as MB-Tex. Admittedly it fares better than real leather in terms of cracking and UV resistance and, TBH, I find it very hard to tell the difference. There's plenty of leather fragrance air fresheners you can pop in the cabin.

The Off-Road package really does represent excellent value for money. I love the way you can easily clean the wheel wells by passing your hand through the narrow spokes of the 18-inch wheels. The restyled front end for improved approach angle adds a nice bit of bling and for those without the increased ride height of the Air Body Control suspension, the uprated underbody panelling gives more peace of mind if you ground out. Throw in the additional off-road modes complete with a wider headlight spread and the package is a no brainer. As for sidesteps I think they are simply an exercise in form over function and I'd definitely put the money towards something more useful like the 360-degree camera. Running boards may look cool but in reality you will be stepping over them and the only real purpose they serve is to deposit all manner of crud on your trouser leg. And as for pencil skirts, they would definitely be out of your cross-dressing armoury :wink2:

My 220d Sport Premium Plus with Off-Road package and 360 Camera was also optioned with the air suspension. The car was a bucket list purchase and I was chasing comfort with a capital C. I test drove the conventionally sprung version and there is no comparison. It allows the Sport and Sport+ modes to be far more engaging and in Comfort mode delivers that magic carpet ride I was seeking. It would be where my first £1500 would go before seeing what else I could incorporate. It was easy for me to ignore the highly rated Intelligent Light System option as I rarely drive at night these days and I see the HUD option as more gimmick than "must-have". I can honestly say I have not had one ounce of buyer's remorse even though I had to sell a kidney to make it all happen. :eek: ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Toobad, parktronic isn't part of premium or premium plus packs but standard on all but SE spec, see below what is on sport spec from ebrochure:

The GLC Sport is brimming with ingredients to enhance the sporty side of this
striking SUV: for sophisticated highlights all round, it comes with chrome
trim and bold 18" alloy wheels painted in vanadium silver, as well as a set of
eye-catching tailpipes. While the stylish LED High Performance headlamps
come with integral LED daytime running lamps, you’ll also enjoy smart features
once inside. The*latest GarminMAP PILOT navigation system and the Active
Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera will not only help
guide you to your destination but also assist you in parking your GLC Sport.
Exterior
Mirror package – electrically folding mirrors and automatically dimming exterior driver's mirror and
rear-view mirror
18" alloy wheels – 5-spoke design, painted vanadium silver
Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
Chrome trim – front, side and rear
Headlamps – LED High Performance Headlamps with integral LED daytime running lamps
Visible tailpipe exhaust trim integrated into rear bump

1 - 20 of 60 Posts