Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues of the windscreen chipping easily?
I had a small stone kick up from the road and took a lump out of the screen without much effort:frown2:
My insurance company had someone deal with it before it cracked but still visible. Fortunately in the lower part of the screen without affecting vision.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's weird. Do you just happen to live around a construction site or pass by a lot of them?
I do know of cases where that has happened in those conditions. Hopefully MB didn't cheap out on the windshield.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I doubt they would have cheaped out on them. I mean, if they made Acoustic glass available, they were spending some good time talking about the glasses

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a big chip in my windscreen, in front of the driver, had the screen replaced by Autoglass, via insurance, it did take them 5 weeks to order screen through a dealer, seems to be a bit of a shortage of GLC windscreens, but it is the genuine MB screen, with the same signature as the origanal. I doubt it has anything to do with MB screens, I have also had to have a new windscreen on my previous Freelander and my Jaguar, which cracked right across the whole screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GLC 250 2016 windscreen crack

I just experience the same issue on windscreen crack easily by just a small stone that I got hit on the highway. It was small crack but after 3 days the crack line has gone almost to half the windscreen. I wonder is there a problem or defect on MB GLC windscreen?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I doubt even if there was that they would consider it a TSB or Recall. It's much too easy to blame foreign objects hitting the wind screen causing any damages at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts