Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning

I’ve done the research regarding the slipping/juddering issue which seems in the only real fix is replacement knuckles. However unless customer shouted loud enough to Mercedes within first 3 yes of warranty, they haven’t been replaced (no recall for it)

I’m searching for a used GLC sport (2016/UK) but most haven’t had knuckles replaced and some dealers saying there’s no issue on their particular car.

my question is, would you buy one than has not had them replaced?

Some dealers have told me it would be covered under extended warranty, and others have said it’s not so getting conflicting info from Mercedes.

i just don’t want to have an issue develop on a 4/5yr old car then have a battle with Mercedes to get it fixed.

from what I’ve read on this forum it would make sense to replace all knuckles on used GLC’s (having seen photos of the new Design, makes sense why knocking noise would be fixed

·
Registered
232 Posts
Personally would not buy a used GLC that has not had the knuckles replaced. Unless the knuckles have been replaced, all pre 2019 right-hand drive GLC’s have the Cabbing fault.

Had our 250d AMG Line Premium for 5 years - 40k miles - knuckles replaced under warranty. Excellent car all round.

There have been a couple of reports about older GLC’s failing MOT due to Ball-joint wear. This is being linked to the Crabbing and Juddering putting additional stress on these steering joints, resulting in premature failure. Not sure if this is an inherent problem that may surface in all GLC’s - time will tell. You could ask the Dealer to check and comment on this potential issue

Good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchase a 2015 GLC 220d, 2 years ago, had it a year, and asked for the knuckles to be replace at the service, and it was done under warranty. May be best to buy the car from a Mercedes Garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts