Mercedes GLC Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a 2018 GLC 220d. I can’t remember the start/stop ever working when I use the car. I don’t use the car much, but my dad the main user of the car says it’s not worked for a while. I’m getting no error messages, only get the start/stop symbol with a line through it pop up on the dash. I still got an MB extended warranty. So I’m guessing I should take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
C
I got a 2018 GLC 220d. I can’t remember the start/stop ever working when I use the car. I don’t use the car much, but my dad the main user of the car says it’s not worked for a while. I’m getting no error messages, only get the start/stop symbol with a line through it pop up on the dash. I still got an MB extended warranty. So I’m guessing I should take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chances are there is nothing wrong with the system. There are so many variables that will prevent the auto start stop to work I really wonder why they have such a system at all. Things like battery charge state, whether aircon has reached target temp, engine temp, and a few others such as rain/wipers etc all get factored in. Some new cars like Toyota now don't show if the start/stop is not working, presumably to avoid so many customer queries.

Mercedes has the added issue that the battery doesn't get fully charged by the alternator in the first instance. It goes to about 80% and slowly charges from there so that unless the car is used a lot, the charge state might be just below the threshold for auto start /stop to work.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts